Ffmpeg is widely used to configure server to run various media files. Now-a- day’s many hosting provider does provide ffmeg by default. If you have plain server you can install on your server. Now let’s start first installing ffmpeg on plain server first.
You can install ffmpeg on cpanel server too. Please use below mentioned steps to install ffmpeg on your vps server.
1. First lets check if ffmpeg is installed on server or now. To check the installation you need to run below command when you are root user:
2. After than you can download it using below mentioned command.
rpm -Uvh http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm
3. If above command does not work, you can use below command.
rpm -Uvh http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/dextop/el6/x86_64/nux-dextop-release-0-2.el6.nux.noarch.rpm
4. Once you have downloaded the package, use below command to install.
yum -y install ffmpeg ffmpeg-devel
5. Once installation is completed, you can check the installation using the command