- Install cPanel & WHM on a freshly-installed Dedicated Server.
- You must log in to the server as the user root in order to install cPanel & WHM. If you have no access to root, please contact your system administrator or web hosting, provider.
- If you install services before you install cPanel & WHM, you will encounter compatibility issues.
- Completely fresh OS install.
- Minimum 1GB of RAM.
- Minumum of 20GB of space.
- You need a licence of cpanel (you can install trial version also for the first installation).
First, check the version of Centos:
You can update your version by simply running below command:
Once the update is completed, it usually takes 5-10 minutes depending on your server speed. You should set your server a hostname.
For setting up hostname you can use this command:
Then you need to install screen, as it is recommended to run cpanel installation script in the background as it takes 30-40 minutes to complete the installation.
Please use the below command to install screen:
yum install screen
Once the screen is installed, go to the screen session using “screen” command:
Start cpanel installation using the command:
cd /home && curl -o latest -L https://securedownloads.cpanel.net/latest && sh latest
http://your-server-ip:2086 OR https://your-host-name:2087
And you are done with cpanel installation. GUI setup is much self-explanatory, and you just need to follow steps.